Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Weekend Recap


For the weekend, Tyler and I made the drive to Midland for a bridal shower. It was a short fast-paced weekend, but it was wedding productive, always nice to see the family and I was showered with gifts and love from some Midlanders I hadn't seen in a long little while (it was just for the ladies, so I passed the Congrats messages on to Tyler after the fact).

 
With my folks temporarily putting up my sister and her family while they're in house limbo waiting on the new one to be built, there's always something happening and there's a fancy swingset and big patio furniture that lured us outside for a good portion of our time there. Tubbs & I thoroughly enjoyed our time on the swings.
 

 
We packed up and took off after lunch on Sunday because of our long, detoured trip back home. We stopped first at the wedding venue (I got permission to let myself in so that Tyler could see the place and I could see it again for decorating purposes) and walked through the whole place. Tyler fell in love with it just like I did the first time, and now we're itching for the day we'll be able to have land like that, it's simply perfect.
 
On our way out, we waited for some calves to figure out where their mommas were since they were terrified by the big, noisy cow that doesn't look like the others (aka - our truck), and then made our way up North (passing the exit to our house) to meet Tyler's parents to get our puppies back. Although I know they always have a good time there with the perfect grass for Mattie to roll around in and being spoiled by the Treat Lady, they were excited, as always, to see us. :)
 
Finally, we made it home, with some Popeye's chicken for dinner (I still prefer Chicken Express). We unloaded the suitcase and boxes of presents; suitcase is still half unpacked and the gifts joined the others in a pile that we're not really sure what to do with until there's time to make the trade and replace the old stuff with the new. Tyler said, and even though it's a little silly, I don't disagree, that our house now isn't nice enough for the fancy new things we're getting, which kind of makes us want to wait until we're in a house that we like that's deserving of all this spiffy new stuff!
 
And now, a few pictures to close...
 
Boo, Bed Bath & Beyond
 
Full moon on Friday the 13th (my apologies for the taken-in-a-moving-car-with-a-camera-phone picture quality) 
 

I'm perfectly aware that this probably never made it to W himself, much less did he fill it out and walk it to the mailbox, but I'll take it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment