Monday, July 28, 2014

My House Was a Craft Store - Updated x2

From the moment we asked our wedding party to be in our wedding I knew that I wanted to figure out the perfect gifts to give everyone that would be meaningful and/or useful. There are many adorable wedding party gifts out there that just aren't as practical as I was going for. We brainstormed for months before it was time to actually start buying and making everything.
 
I did a terrible job taking pictures as a bought & made everything, sorry for that, but the photographer took some pictures of the final products on the Day of, so I'll update this & post them when I get those back from her :) Sorry, again!

 
We decided on the following gifts:


Girls
  • Yellow tank tops to wear while getting ready the morning of the wedding. I had the fleur de lis from our invitation and "07.12.14" printed in gray vinyl and pressed on the front and back. Ordered from Decorate With Vinyl from Etsy



  • Mason jars to drink from at the reception. A friend of Tyler's Mom painted "July 12, 2014" on one side and I designed stickers with, again, the fleur de lis, and each person's name printed across it. I bought plastic yellow and white straws (because I, myself, always prefer a straw). -- Mason jars were on sale for $2.50 at Hobby Lobby (originally $5.00), stickers are from stickeryou.com, straws from Green Apples by Gayle on Etsy.
 
Girl's font

Listing for kparker......
I placed an order for only yellow straws
  • The jewelry I picked out for each to wear on the Big Day.
  • Gray and yellow argyle socks to wear with their boots. (FYI - these are the hardest things to find, gray & yellow apparently hasn't made it's big break in socks yet. If you're looking for some, they're only at Express. (Now they have 2 styles!))
  • All wrapped up in a burlap bag sewn together and names painted on the front by yours truly.
Boys

  • Personalized Wall mounted bottle openers with an imbedded magnet (to catch the bottle caps)


  • Same mason jars
Boy's font
  • Same socks
  • Same burlap bags

    Kiddos

    • Kenedi
      • Tank top
      • Plastic tumbler (instead of glass mason jar)
      • Same jewelry
      • Wallet
    • Kolter
      • Plastic tumbler
      • Plastic Cowboys & Indians (G.I. Joe style)
      • Toy dart rifle to shoot said Cowboys & Indians with
    • Kingsley
      • Plastic tumbler
      • Bracelets
      • Coloring book & Barbie Crayons
    • Kutter & Maddox
      • I made sure to get them plastic tumblers as well so that one day when they're old enough they won't feel left out that everyone else in their family has one but them! :)

     
    Parents

    • For both of our Moms and Lee Ann, we bought picture frames, Tyler stained them and I used a wood burner to write a saying on the frame.
      • My Mom's "We can never give you as great a gift as you gave us...Life, and the woman of my dreams"
      • Tyler's Mom's "We can never give you as great a gift as you gave us...Life, and the man of my dreams"
      • Lee Ann's "Only Lee Ann can give hugs like a Mother, keep secrets like a Sister, and share love like a Friend"


    • For my Dad I found a company on Etsy that engraved pocket knives and had his name on one side and "Love you, Dad" on the other
    • For Tyler's Dad we bought a toolbelt from Home Depot and I embroidered his initials on the front and our date 07.12.14 on the back.
    • For Jeff, we also got him the personalized, wall mount, magnetic bottle opener.
    The gift bags we put together for Rehearsal Dinner Attendees each had a card giving our thanks for just having come all this way, 2 Dream Bars per person (My Mom made 8 batches), a bag of Fire Crackers (Tyler's Mom made 6 gallon size Ziploc bags), a koozie for each person, a card with our hashtag for the weekend (#TurningThomas0712) and peanut butter crackers. We also bought yellow & white Texas shaped suckers and disposable cameras, however there wasn't enough for each bag so they were randomly placed.

    I spent a big chunk of pre-wedding time brainstorming and working on gifts, and I'm pretty sure that people thought I wasn't doing anything since I couldn't tell anyone what I was up to! Even so, it was well worth the time and trials spent because we loved being able to give personal gifts (albeit some more personal than others) and hopefully got the message across how much we love & appreciate everyone who helped and was involved in our weekend!
    
    


    Each Other

    Tyler and I had agreed to not exchange gifts because we were already so overwhelmed with the planning and gifts for everyone else, and just said that the Honeymoon would be our gift to ourselves...but of course we still did gifts.

    Tyler gave me the Heart Knot necklace from James Avery
     
    And I put together a notebook of pictures and notes (Shout-out to Em for helping me finish this gift at the VERY last minute!)
    That's all you get to see of that :)
     
    Close up of our mason jars
    
    
    

    No comments:

    Post a Comment